|Job Title||SPED Paratransit|
Provide transportation for patients and customers to and from various locations.
- Dedication to the Action Ambulance Mission
- Dedication to the Action Ambulance Vision
- Dedication to the Action Ambulance S*T*A*R C*A*R*E values
- Dedication to the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence
- Assist patients from facility or home to chair car either ambulatory or via wheelchair.
- Secure patients in chair car using appropriate safety restraints and straps.
- Transport patients to appointments, registering them at their destination and ensuring patients are properly supervised.
- Provide return transportation for patients after their appointments.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for patient care transportation
- Provide safe transportation to Special Education Students
Maintain all equipment and vehicles in proper working order and cleanliness.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Special Education Drivers must have 7D endorsement
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must have knowledge of the service area and be able to accurately read a map and/or follow GPS instructions.
- Must be able to lift 125 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for an extended amount of time
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as comprehensive inventories of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Action Ambulance Service, Inc. has the sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.