|Job Title||EMT - BLS|
Emergency Medical Technicians-Basic (EMT-B) (and EMT-Intermediate) provides care according to the Statewide Treatment Protocols. EMTs check equipment and supplies and maintain their assigned facility. Also provide non-emergency transportation.
- Dedication to the Action Ambulance Mission
- Dedication to the Action Ambulance Vision
- Dedication to the Action Ambulance S*T*A*R C*A*R*E values
- Dedication to the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence
- Reassuring patients and bystanders by working in a confident, efficient manner.
- Avoiding mishandling and undue haste while working expeditiously to accomplish the task.
- Restocks and replaces used linens, blankets and other supplies.
- Cleans all equipment following appropriate disinfecting procedures
- Ensures that the ambulance is clean and washed and kept in a neat orderly condition in accordance with local, state or federal regulations.
- Decontaminates the interior of the vehicle after transport of patient with contagious infection or hazardous materials exposure.
- Provides communications to various communications centers and notifies receiving facilities when appropriate.
- Attends refresher and continuing education as required.
EMT-B or EMT-I certification
State issued drivers license
AHA, BLS for the healthcare provider certification
NIMS 100 and 700 certifications.
Related courses as required.
Physical Requirements: :
- Lifting the stretcher (be able to lift and carry 125 pounds),
- Being able to stand for an extended amount of time.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as comprehensive inventories of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Action Ambulance Service, Inc. has the sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment